Mordhau

Started by LordCommanderGuts, Jun 09, 2016, 07:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Sandersson Jankins

Quote from: LordCommanderGuts on Aug 29, 2016, 06:41 AMIts funny, in chivalry I anticipated almost every attack. Mind you, that sometimes the attacks were panicked when I was facing away from them, guessing their attacks.

Transferring my skills from Chiv to OKAM, I've been able to do quite some damage without needing to block (thanks to clash parry) I zoom in a decent amount, and I still anticipate players attacks regardless if I know how many there are around me and who is attacking in what order.

I simply use "gut" feeling. Like I did with First person Chiv. I'm fairly sure I can do the same with first person OKAM. I'm not the worst player, but I am somewhat experienced in the hack and slash as well as Strategy genres. Knowing your opponents next move can be just as vital, as opposed to seeing the opponents next move.
Just wait some months for the better (and worse, I guess!) players to have distinctive fighting styles and outfits. One of the better feelings that this game is going to give me; noticing some motherfucker from across the field and recognizing him.

(and by that I mean I am going to call targets in TS that are better than everyone else, fuq yer skill)

Taser

Always was fun to know exactly who you were fighting in crpg or thinking you knew because of their outfit but find out after you killed them that it was an imposter.

Or when people copied outfits and you had 5 to 10 people wearing the same outfit to troll. lol. Good times.


Quote from: Ephemeral on Jul 23, 2016, 12:21 AMand this is why we love taser more than his parents do

Sandersson Jankins

Quote from: Taser on Aug 30, 2016, 10:17 PMAlways was fun to know exactly who you were fighting in crpg or thinking you knew because of their outfit but find out after you killed them that it was an imposter.

Or when people copied outfits and you had 5 to 10 people wearing the same outfit to troll. lol. Good times.
I think I was a bit newer than most remember me at the time, but I do distinctively remember Asstrails having no fewer than 8 SittingBulls with that banded armour and battle fork running around causing havok.

fukken gnarly

LordCommanderGuts

Quote from: Katsou on Aug 30, 2016, 09:06 AMI wouldn't compare mordhau to OKAM. They're both different and fun in their own way.
and I am getting both! :)
Leader of the Late Knights, Last surviving General of Hell-ish empire, Chancellor of the Chivalry Alliance, Liason of the Exchange and Grey Network, Supreme Security Marshall of Insidious Dreams.

LordCommanderGuts

Quote from: Sandersson Jankins on Aug 30, 2016, 10:12 PM
Quote from: LordCommanderGuts on Aug 29, 2016, 06:41 AMIts funny, in chivalry I anticipated almost every attack. Mind you, that sometimes the attacks were panicked when I was facing away from them, guessing their attacks.

Transferring my skills from Chiv to OKAM, I've been able to do quite some damage without needing to block (thanks to clash parry) I zoom in a decent amount, and I still anticipate players attacks regardless if I know how many there are around me and who is attacking in what order.

I simply use "gut" feeling. Like I did with First person Chiv. I'm fairly sure I can do the same with first person OKAM. I'm not the worst player, but I am somewhat experienced in the hack and slash as well as Strategy genres. Knowing your opponents next move can be just as vital, as opposed to seeing the opponents next move.
Just wait some months for the better (and worse, I guess!) players to have distinctive fighting styles and outfits. One of the better feelings that this game is going to give me; noticing some motherfucker from across the field and recognizing him.

(and by that I mean I am going to call targets in TS that are better than everyone else, fuq yer skill)
You make me want this game more... but I already have it... haha.
Leader of the Late Knights, Last surviving General of Hell-ish empire, Chancellor of the Chivalry Alliance, Liason of the Exchange and Grey Network, Supreme Security Marshall of Insidious Dreams.

[MF]Sir Alex

Quote from: Sandersson Jankins on Aug 30, 2016, 10:12 PMJust wait some months for the better (and worse, I guess!) players to have distinctive fighting styles and outfits. One of the better feelings that this game is going to give me; noticing some motherfucker from across the field and recognizing him.

(and by that I mean I am going to call targets in TS that are better than everyone else, fuq yer skill)
People already have certain fighting styles. But as soon as personal heraldric is in the game (Imo one of the most important things to add right now) then I will enjoy seeing enemies fear the colors of the best fighters.

Katsou

Quote from: LordCommanderGuts on Aug 31, 2016, 06:52 AM
Quote from: Katsou on Aug 30, 2016, 09:06 AMI wouldn't compare mordhau to OKAM. They're both different and fun in their own way.
and I am getting both! :)
I think most of us will get both :)

Sneakydude

Quote from: Kelugarn on Jun 18, 2016, 04:39 AM
Quote from: Siegbert on Jun 15, 2016, 10:33 AM
Quote from: LordCommanderGuts on Jun 15, 2016, 09:06 AMOKAM is strictly Multiplayer. Mount and blade has single player AND Multiplayer. One is a openworld multiplayer siege sim, the other is a Strategy/slasher/Sandbox.
Yeah, well. Since the single player version of M&B has no effect on its multiplayer I'm only comparing the respective multiplayer modes. If M&B's multiplayer had featured a openworld siege/strategy element in any way there would be no need for a game like OKAM (in my view at least).

It's safe to say that M&B inspired OKAM, I guess. But it's nowhere the same type of game.
Just like how WoW inspired the MMO genre.
Incorrect, everquest 1 was, then wow brought down a more casual game play. The rest followed. I know i played eq for 18 years. Wow when it first came out years later.

Siegbert

I know I played some Dark Age of Camelot and Anarchy Online before I even heard of WoW... at this point of time I had already lost my interest in the genre :D

Sneakydude

Quote from: Siegbert on Sep 20, 2016, 03:12 PMI know I played some Dark Age of Camelot and Anarchy Online before I even heard of WoW... at this point of time I had already lost my interest in the genre :D
You are correct those where out before wow, i know played Doac, and never had enough time to get into AO. Wow was a nice change, for 1 month. Because anyone who raided in EQ etc... knew how to take down boss mobs.

Shungqar

I am sold, this is absolutely on its own level. If they have proper gameplay mods for this game I can say even say bye to MB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pux8cRWRBzc

Siegbert

until Bannerlord arrives at least :P

Asheram

Quote from: Shungqar on Mar 10, 2017, 03:20 PMI am sold, this is absolutely on its own level. If they have proper gameplay mods for this game I can say even say bye to MB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pux8cRWRBzc
Looks just like Chivalry to me and I haven't said goodbye to MB for Chivalry so I doubt this would make leave MB either.
"For everything that could have been
 Well at least we took the ride
 There's no relief in bitterness
 May as well let it die"  PENDULUM

Partizan_Rusi

#58
Mar 20, 2017, 11:44 AM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 11:48 AM by Partizan_Rusi
Its not like Chivalry bs.
It looks like M&B Warband from first person with really new things like half-swording.
+http://i.imgur.com/RwgJ1zE.gifv

Quote from: Siegbert on Mar 10, 2017, 03:39 PMuntil Bannerlord arrives at least :P
September 2018
http://i.imgur.com/L61h7QS.jpg

Siegbert

No it doesn't. It looks almost exactly like Chivalry, plus the team behind it were Chivalry modders afaik.

Go Up