Quotes from devs on discord

Started by Ramses, Apr 11, 2017, 05:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zottlmarsch

Have they introduced different coloured surcoats yet? All I see is the white one, would be very useful for clans and groups of players to identify eachother and add a bit of variation and realism. I mean to make 10 different colour surcoats textures we are literally talking about 10 mins in Photoshop and I guess not much longer to implement as it's just copy pasting from the original.

Ramses

Nope its still only the white.

Different coloured surcoats, helmets, shields and equipment in general could be very nice

Zottlmarsch

Quote from: Ramses on Apr 21, 2017, 09:52 AMNope its still only the white.

Different coloured surcoats, helmets, shields and equipment in general could be very nice
Wow, I'm shocked tbh. Surely such a simple thing to add but would vastly improve the game and would benefit everyone.

Like seriously devs give me the the stock texture file in a workable format and I will do it for you myself for free..

Ramses

Worst thing is, I believe they have some of it. Look here:

https://sketchfab.com/models/b1377be2351f4024961de636734e3e41

https://sketchfab.com/models/577cda94cd9949b481572a9a9062750b

https://sketchfab.com/models/32a5d9919e04471186f12bbdeaeeece4

Some of those helmets might look slightly wierd, but others are great. The last link is hammers that are not in the game yet. These models have existed for months but we've not seen them yet. The hammer was featured on a sneakpeek recently, but I think its the same as the one made 8 months ago.

Zottl, the easiest and most direct way to petition the devs is to go on discord and ask them directly. @pogosan , @jericho or @theworldofdavo and ask them questions. In my experience if you treat them with respect and don't ask with insults, veiled or otherwise, they will answer your questions honestly.

If you do, post the results here on the forum for all to see.

Ouki

Quote from: Zottlmarsch on Apr 21, 2017, 09:38 AMHave they introduced different coloured surcoats yet? All I see is the white one, would be very useful for clans and groups of players to identify eachother and add a bit of variation and realism. I mean to make 10 different colour surcoats textures we are literally talking about 10 mins in Photoshop and I guess not much longer to implement as it's just copy pasting from the original.
Quotepogosan - Today at 4:35 PM
@Ouki we'll be thinking about items cusomization and some accessories too, but not sure when yet
that's a lot of assets
I asked your question, thats what I got, take it as you will.

Vibe

Apr 21, 2017, 07:49 PM Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017, 07:53 PM by Vibe
Take it as a whole load of nothing, because that's what it is, just like any answer they provide these days.

Key phrases to note about their responses (in pretty much every single response quoted here):
- we'll be thinking
- not sure when
- we really do want to provide
- want to have it in the game, but can't say much about it
- if we end up developing it or something similar

And of course let's not forget the most golden one:
- it is not forgotten, but the shape, name and exact format to which it may take form in the furture will need to be thought about very very carefully

There is so much air in these statements it makes me want to vomit. There is zero reliability or certainty in them, zero. Absolutely nothing to lean on. We might we think we could maybe we're thinking. Man, sell me another fucking copy, I'm hyped!

Get a fucking grip, PR. You're better off saying nothing, because this just sounds like a bunch of horribly thought out damage control statements. If somebody came to me selling an item with a bunch of sentences like that I'd tell them to get out.

Oh you might start thinking about making epic in the future, but it will also probably be something completely different. Well thanks.

Zottlmarsch

Apr 21, 2017, 10:37 PM Last Edit: Apr 22, 2017, 10:44 AM by Zottlmarsch
Fair play ouki for asking the question, thanks bud. However what vibe says is true. Devs give a whole load of nothing.

I mean cmon, nearly one year later and they haven't even implemented the most basic form of character customisation (different colours) piss poor. It's not even a lot of assets, just like 8 different coloured surcoats and maybe some shields, helmets etc can wait.

Ramses

Regarding the roadmap:

QuoteRamses - Today at 12:08 AM
also, its now (as of, like 7 minutes ago) 13 days since you said that we shouldn't expect roadmap for a couple of weeks. Hows it coming along?
pogosan - Today at 12:13 AM
@Ramses announcing things takes a bit longer than everyone would want it (can't wait for it myself because it pretty much does the job for me, lol), but please don't think that lack of a roadmap atm means we'll just keep fixing bugs in the game until release as some say. Adding bigger features... http://imgur.com/xUQ55H0.gifv
and

Quotepogosan - Today at 12:17 AM
yeah, can't speak for investors since they deal with business and not with dev itself, but the team is interested in the project, everyone is pretty hyped about the future and sharing ideas on daily basis
even on weekends, ugh

wife_of_an_acrobat

Apr 24, 2017, 07:27 PM Last Edit: Apr 24, 2017, 09:31 PM by wife_of_an_acrobat
LOL

can it be even more frustrating: when you end up making your players, because of the lack of official info(except patch notes - there are none), to seek out and dig in all of those not-so-official chatting flood for that small pieces of information, that relates to project development, take them to the official forums, and then based on it only try to guess - because as Vibe noticed "There is so much air in these statements" - where does project moving and what to expect in the future? And then you just like: ah, "don't think that lack of a roadmap atm means".
So:
No official announce by official person on site/forum about epic since "Sep 02, 2016" - so for 8 month now - barely Heskey managed to extract some info from you, turned out that it is "no secret(which is f***ing unbelievable - 0 info about, still no secret) not being developed at the moment" - and lack of a roadmap not means? Meanly unstick old roadmap under silly pretext leaving nothing for us - lack of a roadmap not means? After months of daily and weekly detailed dev frames, for two month going with nothing besides patch notes - lack of a roadmap not means?
Seriously,

?
Of corse, "keep fixing bugs in the game" is good, but what will it mean, if all in all it turned out to be arena-fighting game without even a Strategus-like prebuilt global activity?Will those, who still hopes, gives a shit about it in such case?
I don't get it. Knowing all the hype around epic, knowing it was and still is mainly reason to purchace, right damn after "dev team resigned -> new dev team hired" announcements, should have been done revealed an official note about epic. Even if you not really sure, then write something like "we still want it in the game, but not sure when and how, conseption and terms might be reconsidered, now isn't in development". But no, keeping "pull the rubber" about, making us literally "by ticks" getting this info from you - for what?
Can't find any particular reason about - ??
Only one thing that is understable and clear about this is the amount of "refund/lie" topics appears/updates from time to time on Steam discussions - perfectly fits to the current situation.
:-X

🅱️rocc

QuoteWe discuss Epic internally, we love the idea but we need to be realistic about the deliverables in the short and mid term. It is not forgotten, but the shape, name and exact format to which it may take form in the furture will need to be thought about very very carefully. For now we want to concentrate making the best game we can.

Siegbert

Quote from: wife_of_an_acrobat on Apr 24, 2017, 07:27 PMcan it be even more frustrating: when you end up making your players, because of the lack of official info(except patch notes - there are none), to seek out and dig in all of those not-so-official chatting flood for that small pieces of information, that relates to project development, take them to the official forums, and then based on it only try to guess
That's the case with every game in development I was ever interested in. Well, most devs don't even chat with the community so you're left to interpret any interviews you find.

Ouki

Quote from: wife_of_an_acrobat on Apr 24, 2017, 07:27 PMcan it be even more frustrating: when you end up making your players, because of the lack of official info(except patch notes - there are none), to seek out and dig in all of those not-so-official chatting flood for that small pieces of information
While I agree with what you say after, this isn't how we do it, we ask them a question regarding development and then when they give us the answer we are kind enough to put it on here for all you forum dwellers to see, however that shouldn't be Ramses or mine or anyone elses job, the devs need to start making some official statements themselves, where everyone can see instead of all these 'air' and baseless statements because atm theres nothing being done to try and earn back the trust of people like you and others on here.

But yea, we dont scan through every conversation daily and pin point certain words and sentences to use for quotes, we ask them a question and they reply, they're usually quite open about that. But again, start giving some volume to your statements please devs, thanks.

Ramses

@wife_of_an_acrobat

All this frustration you're airing, I get that. Not too long ago I was just as annoyed and frustrated. At this point I'm done with being that, you can't keep being annoyed forever.

I think the reasons why the new devs haven't come forward and honestly told about their plans is because they don't have any yet. As far as I know, they still WANT to implement everything that was planned for this game, however given the small size of the team and the difficulty in refilling staff they simply can' know yet what they can do.

This is why we're so anxiously waiting for the roadmap. Roadmap will provide with the honest expectations from the new devs what they plan to do with this game. The way they see the roadmap seems to be like a hard promise (what Vibe was asking for), not just air.

I too think they should have announced something a week after the new devs took other. But it is now months past that and they need to come clean with the community and tell us what they can and can't do.

Until then we, including the devs, are all grasping at straws.

Ramses

In other news:

QuoteRamses - Today at 2:32 PM
So @pogosan Who's this new game designer?
Quotepogosan - Today at 2:33 PM
he's a human person with experience in game and level design. Was a part of some neat games I played myself, so it's pretty cool
QuoteRamses - Today at 2:34 PM
When was he hired?
what does he do?
what size is the team at now?
Siegbert - Today at 2:35 PM
like what games? @pogosan
Quotepogosan - Today at 2:38 PM
it was confirmed that he'll be a permanent team member last week, but he was doing assesments and initial design docs before actually starting. He's designing pretty much all features, but only after the team as a whole agrees on them. Making design docs, discussing with everyone, collecting suggestions, etc. Team is 10 people now, not counting server guys

QuoteOuki - Today at 2:40 PM
not full time tho
id say llike 4 full time, if i assumed

pogosan - Today at 2:41 PM
what do you mean by full time exactly?

Ouki - Today at 2:41 PM
thats there only job
9-5

pogosan - Today at 2:42 PM
not really sure about other people's side projects, but the team works together daily

QuoteSiegbert - Today at 2:42 PM
@pogosan :"Was a part of some neat games I played myself, so it's pretty cool"  What games are you referring to?
pogosan - Today at 2:42 PM
@Siegbert some very cool games, and some less known too

Quote`Randwig - Today at 2:42 PM
is there a office or is everyone still working remotely?

pogosan - Today at 2:43 PM
@`Randwig remotely
I asked Pogo a few questions to elaborate about the team. You can go on discord if you'd like to see.

With that in mind and the above, I think this is what can be said about the team so far: (Bear in mind, some of this is conjecture)

The team currently consists of 10 people of which we know 4. 2 are coders, 3 are artists and 1 is a game designer. The remaining four are Pogosan (community manager), Jericho (Project Lead), Fin (Soundwizard/Bard) and Hydro (Producer).

We can't say for sure how much they work there, but at least all 10 people work daily. However, it seems all work is still done remotely and not from a central location.

Ramses

Apr 25, 2017, 02:04 PM Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 02:15 PM by Ramses
Regarding the roadmap again:

QuoteRamses - Today at 2:10 PM
@pogosan Didn't answer my question :stuck_out_tongue:

So roadmap is coming soon? In about 2 weeks?

pogosan - Today at 2:11 PM
I would tell you if I knew :smile:
but I'm expecting it to be quite interesting
since there will also be other cool things happening

pogosan - Today at 2:17 PM
@Ramses with the roadmap, there will be stuff that we'll work on with GMG guys like a big announcement, most likely a cool trailer (with amazing music by Fin), a pretty big update, Steam page and Website overhaul, etc.
so, big announcement coming

Go Up