So I presume this game is dead forever

Started by SpookIsland, Mar 18, 2017, 08:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SpookIsland

Banned 4 years just so I can get released to see the developers basically run a workshop on how to drive away a loyal fan base away permanently?

Great jog guys.   ::) 

kinngrimm

Quote from: SpookIsland on Mar 18, 2017, 08:26 PMBanned 4 years just so I can get released to see the developers basically run a workshop on how to drive away a loyal fan base away permanently?

Great jog guys.   ::) 

Not that i understand wtf he is rambling about, but i take it, he presumes wrongly.

Uther Pendragon

It's not dead, however it has definitely lost it's hype since both the 3-month silence and later chadz departure.

It's being developed by some new unknown guys who Pogo refuses to introduce to us, there are cyclical patches and tests being run and done, work is continuing, it's not dead.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.

Benkei

Quote from: Uther Pendragon on Mar 18, 2017, 09:21 PMIt's not dead, however it has definitely lost it's hype since both the 3-month silence and later chadz departure.

It's being developed by some new unknown guys who Pogo refuses to introduce to us, there are cyclical patches and tests being run and done, work is continuing, it's not dead.

Quote from: ToviWhen west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

SpookIsland

Who are you guys trying to fool?  Chadz is literally the mod creator and he left? 

There are 0 players online who play this still.  Every time I log in all the servers are empty.

I'm reading these steam reviews and you guys are pretty much DOA.  The community crucified you fairly.

You would need a miracle to repair all the good will you damaged by releasing the game so early.

It's so bad that I honestly changed my steam review to a negative one today just because this was obviously a "take the money and run" kind of kickstarter and I don't want other people getting fucked over by dishonest people with low integrity.

This game IS dead.

kinngrimm

if you really want to play it, you need to keep track with the "knightly builds".
These are development updates, which are regularly done and most players are on those builds currently. Use the search function to get more info on it, bwcause i wont mouth feed to a negativ depressive opinionated person, what is available with some effort.

As said, development continues and new people are being hired. In due time i expect some of the devs also to introduce themselves, but my guess is either they dont want to have anything to do with toxic people like yourself or want to accomplish some milestones first.

If you don't have the patience for all of that, Early Access from a small studio is clearly nothing for you and you should wait till release before rambling again.

Siegbert

Quote from: SpookIsland on Mar 19, 2017, 10:50 AMThere are 0 players online who play this still.  Every time I log in all the servers are empty.
We had 50 something players in conquest yesterday.

QuoteYou would need a miracle to repair all the good will you damaged by releasing the game so early.
Idk, if they finally got their shit together and began releasing something somehow related to what was promised once I can see the game take up steam again.
But the way it's going now it's pretty much a private club for a few dedicated players.

Partizan_Rusi

Quote from: SpookIsland on Mar 19, 2017, 10:50 AMWho are you guys trying to fool?  Chadz is literally the mod creator and he left? 
There are 0 players online who play this still.  Every time I log in all the servers are empty.

I'm reading these steam reviews and you guys are pretty much DOA.  The community crucified you fairly.
You would need a miracle to repair all the good will you damaged by releasing the game so early.

It's so bad that I honestly changed my steam review to a negative one today just because this was obviously a "take the money and run" kind of kickstarter and I don't want other people getting fucked over by dishonest people with low integrity.

This game IS dead.
Well It could be true, new devs refuse to show their names and faces for a reason. They must show us roster of new team at least.
I just don't want it to be real. Like until last blood drop of hope :]

TheTeutonicPaladin

Mar 21, 2017, 01:30 PM Last Edit: Mar 21, 2017, 01:33 PM by TheTeutonicPaladin
Wtf. Interesting how this all unfolded; guess I never thought Chadz would jump ship!

Mmm, oh well. I hope the new devs (if there are any) get this train moving again. The dream can't die this easily.
Hoping for a defend the village/virgin/viscount mode where I can sit with others and grind against AI waves
think of it like a relaxing, communal OKaM hottub but with killing and grinding :)
what was DTV may never die

pogosan

Quote from: TheTeutonicPaladin on Mar 21, 2017, 01:30 PMMmm, oh well. I hope the new devs (if there are any) get this train moving again
There are, and the train left the station a couple of weeks ago. Had to spend some time fixing older bugs for the first few patches, but the team starts releasing new content already.

TheTeutonicPaladin

Quote from: pogosan on Mar 21, 2017, 01:59 PM
Quote from: TheTeutonicPaladin on Mar 21, 2017, 01:30 PMMmm, oh well. I hope the new devs (if there are any) get this train moving again
There are, and the train left the station a couple of weeks ago. Had to spend some time fixing older bugs for the first few patches, but the team starts releasing new content already.
That's great news. I think now the train will arrive on time and with plenty of cargo....the little okam engine that could :D
Hoping for a defend the village/virgin/viscount mode where I can sit with others and grind against AI waves
think of it like a relaxing, communal OKaM hottub but with killing and grinding :)
what was DTV may never die

wife_of_an_acrobat

Where is that masterpiece trolling post fom Heskey?Does it get removed?

Wayyyyyne

I wonder if the game could sell if through some miracle the finished game, as envisioned and promised, were to be released tomorrow.
Probably not.

Go Up