New Team Members!

Started by pogosan, Feb 06, 2017, 05:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

pogosan

The team officially resumes the development of Of Kings And Men!

As mentioned before, the first step is to fix multiple bugs in the game, and get over some of the issues. Right now the bugs' list is being sorted with issues prioritized based on previous feedback. After the game is stable, the team will start working on implementing new features, adding more content, and making sure everyone is happy with how the game is forming.

The team isn't very big at the moment, but there is always a possibility to expand. It now consists of Hydro|Jevanko, who's been working on the game alongside the old team, a new project manager, who will make sure the game is progressing in the right direction, two coders with years of game dev experience, and me - your humble community manager. There will also be people working with the game servers to provide the best possible connection, and part-time art developers like 3D artist, animation artists, and so on.

The new team members would like to focus on the job and not be disturbed at least at the beginning. I'm always here for you though, so just message me if you would like to report something, provide feedback, or chat about cats while showing me how to reproduce an exploit in the game.

Please tell what issues in the game you would like to see fixed first. Everything from armor clipping to severe server lag should be noted down, and your input will allow the team to be more efficient. Thanks in advance!

Ghost

you honestly think anyone gives a fuck at this point pogo?

wrathofmara

Bugs:

stat effect (less stat weight to encourage skill based play)

stab drag

jump attacks

Ghin

Feb 06, 2017, 05:40 PM Last Edit: Feb 06, 2017, 05:42 PM by Ghin
Why don't they introduce themselves? Obviously they won't spend all their time on a forum, but it would at least be a symbol of good faith.

So I guess I'll say: Welcome to the team faceless project manager, faceless coder monkey 1 and 2, and random faceless artists!

Partizan_Rusi

At least two old devs are still here, thats tiny hope.

Siegbert

I like to welcome the new devs as well. Don't be scared by us...

James

Feb 06, 2017, 06:02 PM Last Edit: Feb 06, 2017, 06:05 PM by James
Quote from: Siegbert on Feb 06, 2017, 06:01 PMI like to welcome the new devs as well. Don't be scared by us...
Don't be scared but also the guillotine awaits you if you don't deliver. Would you like the blood of the last devs cleaned off if we have to use it on you?

Our Father Chadz who art in programming, Hallowed be thy code.

Blawdy

Well, let's see if they actually deliver something.

Jona

Quote from: pogosan on Feb 06, 2017, 05:08 PMIt now consists of a new project manager, two coders with years of game dev experience, and part-time art developers like 3D artist, animation artists, and so on.

Sketchy company hires unnamed individuals to complete work on failed game.

Archibot

WELCOME TO THE PARRRRTAAAAYYY

chesterotab

"Gentlemen, how can we sell DLC to the "fan base" that still remains?"

James

Our Father Chadz who art in programming, Hallowed be thy code.

Archibot

Package it as looms, also keeping pogo as a firewall to the new devs from this forum is probably wise.

McCallister

Who are they? What are their names? What is their supposed years of game dev experience? What games have they worked on before? What companies have they worked on before? What games/projects has the project manager managed? Where is the art portfolio of the new 3D artists and sound artists for the game so we can see previous work to see what direction the games style will head in? Have they worked as a team before?

Put some fuckin effort into making an update post instead of this 2 line bullshit leaving more questions than answers.

Benkei

"Thomek alongside Hydro|Jevanko, who is an Assistant Producer of Of Kings And Men, are expanding on new solutions for communication between game developers, helping coders and artists decide on what should be done next, and developing better ways to overview the progress that is being done."

http://ofkingsandmen.net/index.php/2016/10/11/dev-frame-organize-it/

"How does shield blocking work?"
http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?topic=783.0

Hydro|Jevanko... from clueless to Assistant Producer to... what? Lead Design? What exactly?

lmao
Quote from: ToviWhen west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Go Up