Land of Lords (medieval pvp city building browser game)

Started by CapraHircus, Jan 07, 2017, 10:18 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HESKEYTIME

Do quarries on limestone or iron ore ever run out?

Vibe

no idea, but dont think so

HESKEYTIME

What's the best way to halt the ever-increasing demise of my settler's happiness?

Several of them are at 0% - angry and others are on their way down that path.

Vibe

Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Jan 12, 2017, 01:09 pmWhat's the best way to halt the ever-increasing demise of my settler's happiness?

Several of them are at 0% - angry and others are on their way down that path.
Paying them more, but until you're established with a good income you shouldn't bother with happiness.

HESKEYTIME

Just found out where I can see my housing capacity, jeezus it's hard to stay ahead of the game. Been going huts like crazy but still no space for more settlers, stuck on 16 total in my domain

CapraHircus

Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Jan 12, 2017, 03:13 pmJust found out where I can see my housing capacity, jeezus it's hard to stay ahead of the game. Been going huts like crazy but still no space for more settlers, stuck on 16 total in my domain
16 settlers? Wot, I only have 14 and I've been playing since way before you ^^

HESKEYTIME

Quote from: CapraHircus on Jan 12, 2017, 04:27 pm
Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Jan 12, 2017, 03:13 pmJust found out where I can see my housing capacity, jeezus it's hard to stay ahead of the game. Been going huts like crazy but still no space for more settlers, stuck on 16 total in my domain
16 settlers? Wot, I only have 14 and I've been playing since way before you ^^
17 now, turns out more can come if you're below the limit, even if the new ones put you over it

Like I said man, Age of Empire 2 strats, only focus on villager production and bare minimum other resources to scrape by. I regret wasting time making that workshop though, cant do anything with it and now I'm 'housed', no more vills till I resolve that situation and make more huts/streets.

Vibe

Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Jan 12, 2017, 04:41 pmLike I said man, Age of Empire 2 strats, only focus on villager production and bare minimum other resources to scrape by. I regret wasting time making that workshop though, cant do anything with it and now I'm 'housed', no more vills till I resolve that situation and make more huts/streets.
This basically. Spam them huts at start, invest a bit of time/resources into something that gives you at least some money per day so you survive the resource requirements, then keep on spamming huts. Later on you'll have to balance how much resources (people and materials) you want to invest in developing your economic infrastructure and how much into town population growth.

HESKEYTIME

Oh no, i made the mistake of checking who it is that set up a domain to the north of me.

The guy has several large domains much further south, he has taken fiefs from others either through military or inactivity.

His domain in our area looks weak, but i can imagine swift retribution for any action taken.

CapraHircus

Is it the huge guy south-east of us? Welp we better get some troops together I guess.

HESKEYTIME

Quote from: CapraHircus on Jan 12, 2017, 06:49 pmIs it the huge guy south-east of us? Welp we better get some troops together I guess.
Fortunately not,

His main lands look to be much further south, though just as scary.

That in and of itself may be a cause for concern, since there seems to be zero reason for him to have founded a domain this far north the same day that I did, unless he's noticed our little spike in activity on this part of the map and come to have a look.

Vibe

Quote from: CapraHircus on Jan 12, 2017, 06:49 pmIs it the huge guy south-east of us? Welp we better get some troops together I guess.
That would be silly as we probably wouldn't stand a chance anyway and would hamper us greatly since we're still in our beginning and have no spare resources to build a military.

Lay low, in the worst case we become someones vassal for the time being.

HESKEYTIME

Vermilion has joined the cause,

Tried to situation him in a place where it wouldnt encroach on anyone.
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/01602W28486N

CapraHircus

Good! Tell him to join our discord :)

Archibot

I have the same issue, was at 4% happiness today, so I declared a holiday for every one (except my well digger, he is new and gets to learn the suffrage)  and the mood seems to be getting a little less towards the pitchfork and torches variety at 11%. 

Go Up