Elium - Prison Escape

Started by Chosker, Jan 01, 2017, 07:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chosker

Jan 01, 2017, 07:43 PM Last Edit: Jan 10, 2017, 06:52 PM by Chosker
Elium - Prison Escape is a single-player medieval-fantasy action dungeon crawler.
It combines melee combat from this genre that we all love, with dungeon exploration in randomized environments.

Elium is mostly focused on swordfighting combat, which is inspired by Mount&Blade. It features 4-directional attacks with timing-based parries and an optional toggle for directional parries (just like M&B).
It also has a secondary attack button which is dependent on the equipped weapon (produces offhand attacks when using a sword, or shield bashes if using a shield) and a few other small combat features like dodging and disarming.

Teaser trailer on YouTube:

Here's a video with some combat gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hjpUahpLaw

As you can see the AI is quite competent which makes for some tense and challenging fights.

Here's a rundown of some of the major features:
  • - 1stPerson / 3rdPerson melee action combat: Fight with a sword, equip a shield, use your fists or even resort to fight with objects around you.
  • - Action and Stealth playing styles: Hide in the shadows, turn off lights and sneak past enemies, or take your opponents by force
  • - Alone or with help: Explore and fight on your own or rescue other prisoners to aid in your escape
  • - Random dungeon generation: a new level layout every time the game is played, assembled from a set of hand-crafted areas

The game is mostly done so these features are not plans or tentative claims. This is a description of features that already exist and work in the game.

Some other screenshots:

And a couple of gifs:

Elium - Prison Escape can be found on Twitter and Facebook, and soon on the official website.

I'm the developer so feel free to ask any questions :)

Gravoth

Is it fun?

Chosker

yes, it's fun

Gravoth

I like fun

Cassi

and I like upvotes.

Chosker

hello again,

Elium - Prison Escape now has a Facebook page where I'll also push new updates. Please like and share!

Chosker

takes more fist hits, but yeah

Chosker

Elium - Prison Escape can now also be found on Facebook!
If you like it don't hesitate to share with your friends :)

Chosker

Jan 08, 2017, 10:19 AM Last Edit: Jan 08, 2017, 10:26 AM by Chosker
that's because it's not on steam yet  :-\
I'm trying to get some traction with it before I put it on Steam Greenlight. so by all means if you like it so far, share it!

btw GeekNode has made a preview article about the game, including a couple of videos with some general gameplay

Siegbert

Looks more like Chivalry than M&B to me.

Chosker

@Siegbert it plays a lot more like M&B than Chivalry. just the controls being like M&B is a lot. but I'm curious what you see about it that looks Chiv-like

@HESKEYTIME well at the moment you can't play it, as it's not available yet :-\

Siegbert

Well, it's based around first person view and I don't see either of the players holding down their attacks/blocks. It seems to be an insta attack every time.
There's also a Chivalry-like dodge move.

Chosker

well no, it's both 1st person and 3rd person as I described.
blocks can only be held when using a shield but not for parrying with a sword (so it's even more timing-based), and attacks can actually be held but only for a short time before they auto-continue. while holding the attack you can also cancel it though

but yeah there's a Chiv-like dodge move

Chosker

Jan 10, 2017, 06:53 PM Last Edit: Jan 10, 2017, 09:09 PM by Chosker
Teaser trailer unveiled!

if you like it remember to follow and share on Twitter and Facebook :)

OtisDriftwood

Interesting game, looks like it could be fun to play.
I wouldn't pay more than 5-10€ for it though. 
Most animations look pretty clunky to me.

Go Up