Faction Leaders of OKAM - Would you be up for that?

Started by chadz, Sep 13, 2016, 09:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SirCymro

Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Sep 21, 2016, 01:31 PM
Quote from: Yeldur on Sep 21, 2016, 01:20 PM
Quote from: SirCymro on Sep 15, 2016, 04:23 PMStorytellers, rather than historians could be a different avenue to explore. People that will write sagas based off of significant events.
This actually sounds like a better idea than leaving it up to clan leaders, clan leaders will probably have a lot on their plates as is when EPIC comes out, perhaps its better to leave it up to just plain members of the community? I already know a few people who would be amazing at doing it.
I'm fairly certain the storytellers are going to happen anyway, since anyone can do that to some extent. A large siege, a spectacular war, you'll have some people creating those stories anyway. But it will very much be a retrospective.

I suppose the question is, do we just want the expected forum posts after certain significant events from people who were there and most likely were on one side of the battle. Or do we want those plus something extra and 'official' from the Donkey Crew. A neutral party who's livelihood depends on their neutrality, with potentially greater access to the large factions due to the developers vouching for them, releasing some awesome compilation or 'history' after events have taken place.
The ones I wrote about Alburq,  Acre and a couple of ohers always had a biased view depending on the side I was on...feats of believable valour, shameless descriptions of certain people in favourable ways.

That's why I thibk it would be better to have someone who has no affiliation  to either side either watch or play in that battle as an official rep from donkey crew, I always preferred using a traveller or pilgrim of some sort. Or my personal favourite is to adopt the persona of an old cranky storyteller. But I still believe it can add depth to Epic.

Taser

Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Sep 21, 2016, 01:31 PM
Quote from: Yeldur on Sep 21, 2016, 01:20 PM
Quote from: SirCymro on Sep 15, 2016, 04:23 PMStorytellers, rather than historians could be a different avenue to explore. People that will write sagas based off of significant events.
This actually sounds like a better idea than leaving it up to clan leaders, clan leaders will probably have a lot on their plates as is when EPIC comes out, perhaps its better to leave it up to just plain members of the community? I already know a few people who would be amazing at doing it.
I'm fairly certain the storytellers are going to happen anyway, since anyone can do that to some extent. A large siege, a spectacular war, you'll have some people creating those stories anyway. But it will very much be a retrospective.

I suppose the question is, do we just want the expected forum posts after certain significant events from people who were there and most likely were on one side of the battle. Or do we want those plus something extra and 'official' from the Donkey Crew. A neutral party who's livelihood depends on their neutrality, with potentially greater access to the large factions due to the developers vouching for them, releasing some awesome compilation or 'history' after events have taken place.
"As I watched from my magic carpet gifted by Chadz himself, I saw the walls break at Alburg Castle and Dynasty soldiers pour into it. Their armor was not to my taste but it worked to take a few arrows as they smashed into the Empire shieldwall. Shielders thrust their swords into thin air as 2handers s keyed away from enemies swinging like madmen. Men nudged and kicked as if betwitched. The shieldwall evaporated as people started to duel and gang bang enemies. Twas a sight to see as Empire soldiers started to win the melee orgy. And I just got a steam message from the Dynasty commander saying their loss was definitely planned as another army was on the way and this was just to weaken the castle even though he just lost an army of 1500 men armed to the teeth.

One can only be amazed by the level of planning that goes into the Epic by these players and their campaigns as well as the training and battle prowess they possess."

Quote from: Ephemeral on Jul 23, 2016, 12:21 AMand this is why we love taser more than his parents do

Turalyon

Documentary should be a two-three minute video explaining what the faction is and what awesome siege or what not they executed. Not 1 - 2 HR's. 2-3 minutes of high production.
"The only winning move is not to play."

Stalltt

Quote from: Turalyon on Sep 22, 2016, 03:53 AMDocumentary should be a two-three minute video explaining what the faction is and what awesome siege or what not they executed. Not 1 - 2 HR's. 2-3 minutes of high production.
I think he meant at the end of the epic round, aka when one kingdom wins
1-2 hours would be too extreme for a daily thing.
I am not sure that 1-2 hours worth of talking will happen on most days. Every now and then maybe, but some days will probably be a bit boring.

LtCorvin

sounds interesting, we wont know if it wont work till we give it a good try.

James

I have taken it upon myself to record the history of the great houses of the Epic in the first few months.

Our Father Chadz who art in programming, Hallowed be thy code.

-CM-

I'll write the first chapter right now.

"No one's home" - The end

khelbyz

They were hundreds of peasants, but they disappeared into thin air. what happened ? No one will ever know. One more mystery life will hold

Go Up