[devblog] dev frames - Progress Updates

Started by pogosan, Sep 12, 2016, 08:41 pm

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What style of dev frames would you prefer?

Serious - Strict progress reports without silly comments or emoticons
Casual - Similar to what we have now with occasional funny photoshopped pictures, etc.
Go Down

Ikarooz

Quoteespecially crossbows..added like an ability to freely move while looking for target in first person mode.
I said SLAY the dragon, not LAY the dragon.
You're a terrible knight.


Blawdy

So dev frames are dead too without any word of it?

Randwig

what should pogo write about if there is no developement????

fat cheese

Donkeys are on holidays, as soon as they get back, dev frames will also get back in action I think
Dislike
I am a Kalashnikin.
I sexually identify as a soviet assault rifle.
My pronouns are pew pew, ratatata and blam blam.


Blawdy

Yeah right. Again don't get why there is no communication, hope there is some update on whats going on at some point.

Benkei

You can't just piss off for 4+ weeks and be completely off the record when... well... ever actually.

Just a dick move...
Quote from: ToviWhen west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

James

I have a feeling the devs are skiing with some ladies if you catch my drift ;)

Hookers n' Blow

Our Father Chadz who art in programming, Hallowed be thy code.

Sir Edward Astralis

just wait for bannerlord, its coming soon.


For brave Sir Edward--well he deserves that name--
Disdaining fortune, with his brandished steel,
Which smoked with bloody execution,
Like valor's minion carved out his passage.

Blawdy

Got nothing to do with M&B 2 imo.

Grumbs

Quote from: Blawdy on Jan 16, 2017, 09:32 pmGot nothing to do with M&B 2 imo.
TBH if M&B2 has tonnes of players (likely considering the amount in OKAM launch and OKAM is relatively unknown), has melee combat on par with M&B1, doesn't make the controls worse and has mod tools it is all about M&B2 at this point. Once M&B2 is out OKAM will be a footnote in history unless Epic truly is "Epic" and they somehow restore their reputation and get a decent sized playerbase.

Sparvico

Quote from: Grumbs on Jan 16, 2017, 10:28 pmTBH if M&B2 has tonnes of players (likely considering the amount in OKAM launch and OKAM is relatively unknown), has melee combat on par with M&B1, doesn't make the controls worse and has mod tools it is all about M&B2 at this point. Once M&B2 is out OKAM will be a footnote in history unless Epic truly is "Epic" and they somehow restore their reputation and get a decent sized playerbase.
Yeah unfortunately the only chance this game really had to do well commercially was if it managed to snag a substantial amount of the multiplayer community for mount and blade and got them hooked. Unless bannerlord actually takes like 2 more years to come out it's probably going to blow this game completely off the map. 


Ramses

Disregarding the minor differences between Okam and M&B (Like slightly different combat systems etc.), I think the focus of the two are quite different.

M&B is first and foremost a sp game that just happens to have mp for the people who like that. Okam is a mp game and has since its inception been modeled as such.

Now sure, you can mod M&B to increase your options for mp, like getting new skins, game modes etc. But I very much doubt they can get the same massive, well produced scale that Okam will (hopefully) offer at some point. No Warband modders ever managed to make truly well done mp mods that kept people engaged for years. After all this time, what do people actually play in Warband? Native and NW, which is a DLC. The closest anyone ever came was cRPG afaik, and they obviously aren't around anymore.

I just recently talked with a Warband veteran that was interested in Okam and asked me about it. He told me that while Native MP was interesting in Warband, he found it boring after a while or reserved for only the most hardcore players. He was really sold on the idea of MP like Warband but with long-term benefits and goals, like capturing strategic locations on a map and so forth.

That is where I think Okam will create a niche for itself in this market. Excellent combat system tailored for multiplayer with a large map where your performances on the field have an effect.

Sparvico


Quote from: Ramses on Jan 16, 2017, 10:58 pmNow sure, you can mod M&B to increase your options for mp, like getting new skins, game modes etc. But I very much doubt they can get the same massive, well produced scale that Okam will (hopefully) offer at some point. No Warband modders ever managed to make truly well done mp mods that kept people engaged for years. After all this time, what do people actually play in Warband? Native and NW, which is a DLC. The closest anyone ever came was cRPG afaik, and they obviously aren't around anymore.
I think that you disregard cRPG to quickly. It really only started to decline after the devs started the project that would eventually become this game. It's all hypothetical now, but even if they had given cRPG 1/8th of the attention they gave to the new project it would probably still have a very active community. Strategus specifically was terribly revised for strat 5, and was never fixed from that point on. Even given that cRPG still lasted several years (and hasn't completely died yet) with basically no original developers working on it as their main project.


Quote from: Ramses on Jan 16, 2017, 10:58 pmI just recently talked with a Warband veteran that was interested in Okam and asked me about it. He told me that while Native MP was interesting in Warband, he found it boring after a while or reserved for only the most hardcore players. He was really sold on the idea of MP like Warband but with long-term benefits and goals, like capturing strategic locations on a map and so forth.
So cRPG and strat?

Quote from: Ramses on Jan 16, 2017, 10:58 pmThat is where I think Okam will create a niche for itself in this market. Excellent combat system tailored for multiplayer with a large map where your performances on the field have an effect.
Am I the only one that thinks Donkey Crew deserves better than to make some niche game? Like am I the only one for whom that isn't fucking good enough?

Partizan_Rusi

#568
Jan 17, 2017, 02:49 am Last Edit: Jan 17, 2017, 02:51 am by Partizan_Rusi
Quote from: Blawdy on Jan 16, 2017, 02:06 pmYeah right. Again don't get why there is no communication, hope there is some update on whats going on at some point.
Man can hope.


Quote from: Sir Edward Astralis on Jan 16, 2017, 07:20 pmjust wait for bannerlord, its coming soon.
September 2017 bwahahaha  

Sir Edward Astralis

sorry guys but its been since september. its time to call this for what it is. they released a game in a pre-alpha state, along with bare bones mechanics. at the beginning of december they managed to finally expand out to make combat work and add the start of a coherent skill progression system, and a reasonable item shop with some new items. still no horses and only a couple of spears, despite there being 8 spear head desings on the main information page and horses in the trailer. This is pretty well dead in the water unless they really pull it together before bannerlord comes out, otherwise this will totally be dead. I am certainly not rooting for that, however, its a shame because i really had high hopes in the developers.


For brave Sir Edward--well he deserves that name--
Disdaining fortune, with his brandished steel,
Which smoked with bloody execution,
Like valor's minion carved out his passage.

Go Up