[devblog] dev frames - Progress Updates

Started by pogosan, Sep 12, 2016, 08:41 pm

previous topic - next topic

What style of dev frames would you prefer?

Serious - Strict progress reports without silly comments or emoticons
Casual - Similar to what we have now with occasional funny photoshopped pictures, etc.
Go Down

Jona

Quote from: Ramses on Jan 18, 2017, 01:32 pm
Quote from: Jona on Jan 17, 2017, 03:01 pm
Quote from: Ramses on Jan 17, 2017, 01:02 pmI think the odds are on the professional developers over the amateur modders.
As much as I'd like to share your optimism, I doubt that professional devs would make a mod for bannerlord...
Ehm, wut?

Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly. I think the odds are on the professional developers of Okam over the amateur modders of Bannerlord in making the best, long-term engaging multiplayer experience.
Your statement was quite clear, I was just poking fun at how the "professional developers of okam" really aren't anything more than amateur modders themselves.

James

Quote from: Jona on Jan 18, 2017, 02:49 pmthe "professional developers of okam" really aren't anything more than amateur modders themselves.

Our Father Chadz who art in programming, Hallowed be thy code.

pogosan

Quote from: Jona on Jan 18, 2017, 02:49 pmYour statement was quite clear, I was just poking fun at how the "professional developers of okam" really aren't anything more than amateur modders themselves.
Well, not all mod teams would be able to create a new engine and do all the coding and assets from scratch, that's why modding teams stick to mods and rarely go into game making. I wouldn't say there is no professionalism in actual development, as in coding, modeling, etc. Rather not having a 100% "right" decisions, as the community sees it, that aren't required by the modders to make, which comes with experience in any software development.

James

I don't think he meant any offense just that the devs come from an amateur modding background. They certainly have come a long way since!

ps. We love you pogo-sama

Vibe

wuz happenin ere

James

Jan 19, 2017, 11:40 am Last Edit: Jan 19, 2017, 11:43 am by James
I have progressed to 1 lord, 3 plebs and 2 huts. Needless to say Acretown is a little cramped at the moment. Luckily we settled in a field so we have +9 bonus to ploughing.

Edit: My town is actually called Acreland, damn I am a bad lord don't even know my towns name

James

These tips are very helpful. My village is less e-tarded with each passing day.

James

kinngrimm

Would you please take these topics to a place they belong? Or is it your wish and intent that noone will check even more for updates here, then keep spaming this thread.

James

Quote from: kinngrimm on Jan 19, 2017, 06:36 pmWould you please take these topics to a place they belong? Or is it your wish and intent that noone will check even more for updates here, then keep spaming this thread.
It is almost like there should be someone from the dev team on the forum. Some kind of moderator or something... Kindof gives the appearance that no one is steering the ship.

pogosan

Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Jan 19, 2017, 08:26 pmOh there's someone, and you know the secret post/incantation you need to make in order to summon them.
Please no more fake quotes. Just trying not to ban everyone for shitposting since the updates haven't been posted lately and it couldn't really hurt the discussion of the latest dev frames.

Zottlmarsch

Quote from: kinngrimm on Jan 19, 2017, 06:36 pmWould you please take these topics to a place they belong? Or is it your wish and intent that noone will check even more for updates here, then keep spaming this thread.
Updates.....!? Lol, this must be German humour!

full cheese

Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Jan 19, 2017, 08:26 pm
Quote from: James on Jan 19, 2017, 06:41 pm
It is almost like there should be someone from the dev team on the forum. Some kind of moderator or something... Kindof gives the appearance that no one is steering the ship.
Oh there's someone, and you know the secret post/incantation you need to make in order to summon them.
Dear @chadz, dear @chadz, tinkle tinkle hoy!
Dislike
I am a Kalashnikin.
I sexually identify as a soviet assault rifle.
My pronouns are pew pew, ratatata and blam blam.

Benkei

Quote from: Zottlmarsch on Jan 19, 2017, 10:31 pm
Updates.....!? Lol, this must be German humour!
We are legendary for our humour!
What are you insinuating?!
Quote from: ToviWhen west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Turkhammer

Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Jan 17, 2017, 04:54 pm
Quote from: James on Jan 17, 2017, 04:50 pmI'm walking for 9 hours then I am going to create my shitty little town north east of Heskeyville
There is no Heskeyville. Or at least not one owned by me.

Surely you mean Heskeyshire? Or Heskeytown?

Also since you're new, you can speed up actions to happen instantly using the fastforward icon. This feature remains until you have your own land and sufficient huts
Quote from: HESKEYTIME on Jan 17, 2017, 04:54 pm
Quote from: James on Jan 17, 2017, 04:50 pmI'm walking for 9 hours then I am going to create my shitty little town north east of Heskeyville
There is no Heskeyville. Or at least not one owned by me.

Surely you mean Heskeyshire? Or Heskeytown?

Also since you're new, you can speed up actions to happen instantly using the fastforward icon. This feature remains until you have your own land and sufficient huts
How can you center on character on the map?  Also how does one access the tutorial?

Go Up