[devblog] dev frames - Progress Updates

Started by pogosan, Sep 12, 2016, 08:41 pm

previous topic - next topic

What style of dev frames would you prefer?

Serious - Strict progress reports without silly comments or emoticons
Casual - Similar to what we have now with occasional funny photoshopped pictures, etc.
Go Down

pogosan

15/09/2016
Development

Hope you like new game mode and maps! Whole team has been working on fixing bugs, polishing maps' flaws, and dealing with other things that came up after yesterday's patch. Squads mechanic underwent different tests today and the team is very positive about it. Squad system will allow players to create parties in barracks and invite their Steam friends to join them on server. Overall, everyone is happy with last patch, bugs are being fixed, and new content awaits polishing :)

Mysterious Balancing Team posted items balance changes today! You might have missed it so here it is: Link

• Igor - polishing UI and fixing bugs related to polls interface.
  • Logen - still working on combat animations. He wasn't exaggerating, it's not easy ;)
  • Soundwizard - recording subsonic bullets. No, OKAM won't become First Person Shooter. Eventually, those will be used as new "hit" sounds since so many players complained about bad combat response.
  • Fin - building a table for his studio! Can't wait to hear more music written by him. Also, expect a picture of his masterpiece!

Today's random quote:

Quote from: Logeni ate so much kebab i feel im about to die
Community overview

• Interested in new patch but still haven't checked it yourself? Stalltt made a great video about it!
Link

• He also has his own thread on forums where he posts his new videos!
Link

• Help devs by posting bugs and discuss what would be the best way to solve them here:
Link

Sneak Peeks

Enjoyed new maps but want more? New screenshot of Ozin's mountains map!

Yesterday Zimke showed his "Work In Progress" mittens. He's been working on them since! These are mail mittens with cuff.

And these are next on progression tree - fine mail mittens with cuff.

Siegbert

Nice work as always! Thanks

Damn, this mountains screenshot... Looks so inviting to take my horsie and stroll around the countryside for a while.

Gotta love Zimke's attention to detail. Look at the dirt stains on the gambeson!

Yeldur

Yeah I love the detail in the armour, it's really nice. Ozin's maps are looking awesome as well!

i did it dad i reached 1000

Bob Gnarly

Loving the frequency of these dev frames, good job!

Ronkde

Quote from: kinngrimm on Sep 14, 2016, 09:44 pm
Quote from: pogosan on Sep 14, 2016, 09:28 pm...

flying carpets confirmed
Aladin, his friends and their boomsticks riding into the sunset on their flying carpet after spreading their love to a village far far away.

Now they are on the look out for a new home, where they can bring justice and order for all of us.
A secret test of cloak physics?!?!?!

pogosan

Sep 16, 2016, 08:59 pm Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016, 10:03 pm by pogosan
16/09/2016
Development

Bug fixing patch has been released today! Experienced not being able to spawn in Skirmish? No more! Squads update (now called Parties!) is almost ready to be released and If you want to find out what major feature will future updates bring, take a look at the roadmap of development!

• Zimke - working on custom coloring for helmets! Equipment customization is not yet implemented, preparing for the future never hurts though ;)
  • Logen - fixing and improving polearm and one-handed weapons attack animation, like shield position during swing. Also, continuing his work on hit impact animation, which was redone at least 10 times already!

Today's random quote:

Quote from: KromIm drinking some fine Irish whiskey in the streets of Belfast.
Getting cultured.
I also watched some sword fighting.
On Facebook page.
Community overview

• Interested in what dev team was doing before OKAM? There is actually the last tournament in their mod, if you're lucky and/or skilled, you can even win Of Kings And Men Steam keys!
Link

• Want to see some local memes about chadz - oberdev of OKAM and Epic coder? Check out this thread!
Link

• More and more people subscribe to OKAM reddit. You're welcomed to do so too!
Link

Sneak Peeks

Today is Zimke exclusive sneak peek. Look how pretty those helmets are! (yes, it's coif under the helmet!)

I was curious whether coloring helmets is a historically proven fact. Zimke responded with these pictures.

Ghin

Fix the spawns on the maps!

Siegbert

Oh this is nice!

So, does this mean we can print symbols on our helmets as well or just colors?

pogosan

Quote from: Siegbert on Sep 17, 2016, 08:43 amSo, does this mean we can print symbols on our helmets as well or just colors?
I guess coloring is pretty much confirmed for the future, don't know about applying heraldry to it though.

[MF]Sir Alex

I am pretty sure they already confirmed Heraldry in the game.

pogosan

Quote from: [MF]Sir Alex on Sep 17, 2016, 01:53 pmI am pretty sure they already confirmed Heraldry in the game.
Yes, but I'm talking specifically about putting your heraldry on helmet ;)

Siegbert

Maybe they'll offer a number of different heraldry to put on your helmet to make sure it doesn't look ridiculous like the cross symbol the flat top helmet already has.

pogosan

17/09/2016
Development

There was a lengthy discussion about game balance today! Your suggestions and complaints help the balancing team a lot and will drastically speed up the development. Making different weapon types distinguishable creating more diversity is one of their priorities right now!

If you're not engaging in balance discussion already, follow this link to find balancing section on forums:
Link

Today is Saturday, but coders have been working whole day since early morning!

cmp - fixing errors that impeded readability of game log and working on displaying grass LOD properly.

Today's random quote:

Quote from: SoundwizardWhy is he naked
Actually, I don't wanna know
Community overview

• There is a special website where you can suggest your very own features and discuss ones proposed by other players!
Link

• Want others to know what you think about the game? Steam reviews are the best way to do so!
Link

• Take part in dev frame logo design competition and win fun prizes!
Link

• Discussing the game with dev team and community is easier on official Discord channel. Casual talk is welcomed too ;)
Link

Sneak Peeks

Ozin showed his progress on mountain map!

People were asking for more single color greathelmets. Check these out!

OtisDriftwood

Great updates!

Is that video of the voice command recordings still coming? would love to see/hear that :)

pogosan

Quote from: OtisDriftwood on Sep 17, 2016, 10:52 pmGreat updates!

Is that video of the voice command recordings still coming? would love to see/hear that :)
Thomek has a lot of footage from what I've heard. It'll take some time to process it and make an interesting video ;)

Go Up