[devblog] dev frames - Progress Updates

Started by pogosan, Sep 12, 2016, 08:41 pm

previous topic - next topic

What style of dev frames would you prefer?

Serious - Strict progress reports without silly comments or emoticons
Casual - Similar to what we have now with occasional funny photoshopped pictures, etc.
Go Down

Yeldur

Quote from: pogosan on Sep 12, 2016, 08:41 pmIf you think Ozin is simply using some mapping tool you're dead wrong! Here is what the map looks like in World Machine (development tool):[/color]

I don't even know what the hell I'm looking at

i did it dad i reached 1000

kinngrimm

Quote from: DefinetelyNotGolem on Sep 13, 2016, 03:02 pm
Quote from: kinngrimm on Sep 13, 2016, 02:27 pmWhen epic would be life, would the current villages/castles/towns build by players being put into the map rotation?
I don't think there are any currently - they are only icons on the map.
what i ment, at a time the game has its castle building options included and people would be able to produce customized content themselves, if those then would also be included into the conquest rotation. That currently there are just placeholders in epic for later on customized content, i thought would be self-explanatory.

pogosan

13/09/2016

Development

Internal testing of the new Conquest map was a great success today! Few noncritical flaws has been noticed and will be fixed tomorrow. Muting feature has also been tested and no issues whatsoever have been found ;)

Here's a tiny overview of what some of the masterminds behind the game have been doing today:

• Krom - working on Castle map improvements; made a beautiful new sky that adds distance feeling. Check out sneak peeks to see it!
  • Tolonar - adjusting square and round mail coif to wear with helmets, balancing weights of scale armour.
  • Logen - polishing combat animations. He says it's not that easy :D
  • serr - working on Skirmish game mode, which is more or less ready for open testing. Squads system is also mostly done, though requires more tests before releasing.
  • Igor - collecting players statistics - damage done, kill/death ratio, etc. All that will help coders and balancers to polish current combat system.

Today's random quote:

Quote from: Tolonarthis grass is wayyyyy too high hahaha
Community overview

• European Duel Tournament has started some time ago. If you're one of the participants - good luck! If not, you can follow the results on special brackets page:
Link

• And of course the original thread of the tournament:
Link

• Doors are people too! Come say hi to Door, he seems to be a great door guy!
Link

• IIN8II made an amazing cinematic video! You absolutely must watch it if you haven't done so.
Link

• Don't forget to visit OKAM on reddit :D
Link

Sneak Peeks

More pictures of upcoming Conquest map!

New sky sneak peek as promised! Yes, it also shows slightly redone Castle map ;)

Siegbert

Great stuff! Thanks

Quote from: pogosan on Sep 13, 2016, 08:43 pm
  • Krom - working on Castle map improvements; made a beautiful new sky that adds distance feeling. Check out sneak peeks to see it!
Looks really good.

• Tolonar - adjusting square and round mail coif to wear with helmets
Man, finally! Nasal helmet without mail coif looks weird.

• Squads system is also mostly done, though requires more tests before releasing.
Very much looking forward to that!

Vovka

Online web cams in office XD

pogosan

14/09/2016

Development

New patch is up! Skirmish game mode, community polls, balancing and much more! Steam failed everyone by having extremely long downtime right after the update, although it's fine already :)
    You can find patch notes here: Link

Wandering what Thomek is doing? I better not spoil it, just watch the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4NkrlgJPGo

There is more to come!

Since it's patch day, coders were mostly polishing new features. But art team didn't waste time!

• Zimke - working on new hand armor! Mail mittens, gloves, you name it. There is a picture in sneak peeks of his mail mittens with cuff ;)
    • Ozin - continuing his work on mountains. Now with more trees variety!

Today's random quote:

Quote from: ZimkeI got laid a lot with long hair
    you just gotta choose a right club
    Community overview

• Make sure to discuss the idea of historians in Epic! Maybe you're up to becoming one yourself?
    Link

• Check out OKAM Instagram if you haven't seen it yet:
    Link

• Don't forget to frequent OKAM wiki! Help with editing is also much appreciated.
    Link

Sneak Peeks

Guess it doesn't require an explanation... Zimke is working on new gloves!

Here is more detailed picture:

Progress on mountains map by Ozin!

More of a funny gif than a sneak peek. Or is it?

flying carpets confirmed

kinngrimm

Quote from: pogosan on Sep 14, 2016, 09:28 pm...

flying carpets confirmed
    Aladin, his friends and their boomsticks riding into the sunset on their flying carpet after spreading their love to a village far far away.

Now they are on the look out for a new home, where they can bring justice and order for all of us.

Kelugarn

Magic confirmed for OKAM, further proof that I was right all along.
    Quote from: chadz on Jul 14, 2016, 10:53 amAt least I teamkilled a lot and didn't really care. (sorry everyone, even though I obviously don't mean it)

TECHNOBUTTER

when epic

Yeldur

Quote from: pogosan on Sep 14, 2016, 09:28 pmMore of a funny gif than a sneak peek. Or is it?

I spent like an hour making this just so I could have an adequate response.

https://soundcloud.com/user-679661622/flashbacks-to-al-adin

Cum_Knight_who_says_Ni

Is it possible to see some sneak peeks about face customisation feature ? I am wondering how far that cute intern is with it.

Nice game again guys.

Ni !
    Y  y   y  Y
       `-,'    `y´  
       |OO | 
     ,--.  ,--/   , -.\ ((,--.))
     |    \ |    |\ |    |  (OO),
     |     \|    | )|    |.,/.......\,
       |           |/ |    |   ((,--.))
       |   |\      |  |    |  _.(OO),
         |   |  \    |( |    | _/ |   | \;`
     `--'   `--'   `--'    -'~'-

DefinetelyNotGolem

Quote from: Cum_Knight_who_says_Ni on Sep 15, 2016, 12:26 amIs it possible to see some sneak peeks about face customisation feature ? I am wondering how far that cute intern is with it.

Nice game again guys.

Ni !
    Wonder if you can even access that, but here we go: http://forum.melee.org/melee-announcements/things-the-public-should-never-see/

Yeldur

Quote from: DefinetelyNotGolem on Sep 15, 2016, 08:15 amthings-the-public-should-never-see/
    it was all a conspiracy...

pogosan

15/09/2016
    Development

Hope you like new game mode and maps! Whole team has been working on fixing bugs, polishing maps' flaws, and dealing with other things that came up after yesterday's patch. Squads mechanic underwent different tests today and the team is very positive about it. Squad system will allow players to create parties in barracks and invite their Steam friends to join them on server. Overall, everyone is happy with last patch, bugs are being fixed, and new content awaits polishing :)

Mysterious Balancing Team posted items balance changes today! You might have missed it so here it is: Link

• Igor - polishing UI and fixing bugs related to polls interface.
    • Logen - still working on combat animations. He wasn't exaggerating, it's not easy ;)
    • Soundwizard - recording subsonic bullets. No, OKAM won't become First Person Shooter. Eventually, those will be used as new "hit" sounds since so many players complained about bad combat response.
    • Fin - building a table for his studio! Can't wait to hear more music written by him. Also, expect a picture of his masterpiece!

Today's random quote:

Quote from: Logeni ate so much kebab i feel im about to die
    Community overview

• Interested in new patch but still haven't checked it yourself? Stalltt made a great video about it!
    Link

• He also has his own thread on forums where he posts his new videos!
    Link

• Help devs by posting bugs and discuss what would be the best way to solve them here:
    Link

Sneak Peeks

Enjoyed new maps but want more? New screenshot of Ozin's mountains map!

Yesterday Zimke showed his "Work In Progress" mittens. He's been working on them since! These are mail mittens with cuff.

And these are next on progression tree - fine mail mittens with cuff.

Siegbert

Nice work as always! Thanks

Damn, this mountains screenshot... Looks so inviting to take my horsie and stroll around the countryside for a while.

Gotta love Zimke's attention to detail. Look at the dirt stains on the gambeson!

Go Up