The Epic (Fail) Launch

Started by Thomek, Sep 02, 2016, 04:40 am

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HESKEYTIME

Less than 3 lines of text to explain something that people needed to know 4 months ago. Hey, if it werent for Pogo-kun we'd still be waiting.

But I guess if devs had communicated that or anything at the time, people may have had the unrealistic expectation that it would be fixed 2016. Much better to let them reach their own conclusions and not expect anything from OKAM the next time they see an announcement on steam, or the game pop up if they refunded it.

Spartacus

I am the only one who is patient enough to just wait for the Epic? Sure I want it to but I also want Half Life 3 (prob I will wait till the end of my days) and Bonerlord (which was as you all know announced 4 years ago). Sure it is no fun to wait, but I am still excited enough to wait. And shitposting has never helped.

Grumbs

TBH I don't want Epic as much as I want to know that it is still in the pipeline. I just want to know why they are so silent about it. It makes me worried about the future of the project. Is it broken beyond repair?

Show us some progress reports. A couple screenshots. Proof that Chadz, cmp, Ser, Jacko etc still work at Donkey Crew. They kinda threw Pogo's good PR away with the long absence, and Pogo never really mentioned anything to do with what Chadz/Epic since they started those daily updates

Siegbert

Jan 14, 2017, 04:08 pm Last Edit: Jan 14, 2017, 04:11 pm by Siegbert
Omg, you're right. Bannerlord was announced in 2012 and back then I actually thought it would come out within a year or two. They sure take their time.

Quote from: Grumbs on Jan 14, 2017, 04:08 pmTBH I don't want Epic as much as I want to know that it is still in the pipeline. I just want to know why they are so silent about it.
Isn't it obvious? After all the shit their "fan" are giving them they want to keep expectations low and only say something when it's almost done.
Can't say I agree with it but I'm pretty sure it's the reason.

Grumbs

Jan 14, 2017, 04:14 pm Last Edit: Jan 14, 2017, 04:30 pm by Grumbs
I think they can keep expectations low while providing some info. It would at least keep the "its a scam" type accusations at bay, which Steam is awash with atm. Their public image is really bad right now

Theres a huge difference between promising something and not delivering it and then not saying a word about it, and promising something, not delivering it but offering explanations and evidence that what they've promised is possibly coming in the future. What they should have done is said "Look Epic is fubared atm. We will work on it and tell you more about it in November. It won't necessarily be ready to play then but we will tell you more about our progress" Then November comes and they can still offer some explanations and keep people happy regardless of their progress. Not saying a word is not an option unless they want really bad publicity. People bought the game with what Donkey had presented in videos and said in interviews. People have a right to some info or they will be correct to call them out on the bs. Can you prove that its not a scam? They took people's money under false pretenses atm and have offered no explanation. I trust Chadz and the Donkey's so I know its not a scam, but people are correct to call them out at this point

Its amateurish and unprofessional

Siegbert

Jan 14, 2017, 05:36 pm Last Edit: Jan 14, 2017, 05:40 pm by Siegbert
Yeah, I agree. The way I see it we (the people who bought it) are the clients and they provide a service.
In my professional life I have made sure that whenever I can't meet a deadline I will tell my clients in advance. And they were okay with it (mostly).

It's when deadlines are never met and no information is given that the client would freak out and feel scammed. It's basic logic.
Idk why they wouldn't every once in a while give an honest update and say how long they think it will take them to deliver certain features... Right around the start of EA they did quite well. Now, I can't take their side anymore.

Unless (conspiracy theory) their producer for whatever reason doesn't want them to talk. But from what I hear that has always been the devs' style back in cRPG.

Kadeth

Quote from: Spartacus on Jan 14, 2017, 04:03 pmI am the only one who is patient enough to just wait for the Epic? Sure I want it to but I also want Half Life 3 (prob I will wait till the end of my days) and Bonerlord (which was as you all know announced 4 years ago). Sure it is no fun to wait, but I am still excited enough to wait. And shitposting has never helped.
Imagine if every few days TaleWorlds told us that Bonerlord was coming "soon". Or if Gabe made a countdown timer for Half Life 3. And then fucking nothing.

Of course people are becoming impatient and frustrated. Some people have unrealistic expectations for EA games, however Donkey Crew's PR leaves a lot to be desired.

James

SOON™

December 2010©

Just wait for the weekly devblog®

Our Father Chadz who art in programming, Hallowed be thy code.

Spartacus

Quote from: Kadeth on Jan 15, 2017, 10:22 pm
Quote from: Spartacus on Jan 14, 2017, 04:03 pmI am the only one who is patient enough to just wait for the Epic? Sure I want it to but I also want Half Life 3 (prob I will wait till the end of my days) and Bonerlord (which was as you all know announced 4 years ago). Sure it is no fun to wait, but I am still excited enough to wait. And shitposting has never helped.
Imagine if every few days TaleWorlds told us that Bonerlord was coming "soon". Or if Gabe made a countdown timer for Half Life 3. And then fucking nothing.

Of course people are becoming impatient and frustrated. Some people have unrealistic expectations for EA games, however Donkey Crew's PR leaves a lot to be desired.
Youve got a point. It is very unfortunate to say something comes out soon and then wait many months.
I expect chadz (or the Donkeys in general) to clear things up as soon as they return with good stuff

Sandersson Jankins

hey guys is it done yet?

Go Up